REGISTER NOW FOR YOUR VIP PREVIEW!
FLOORPLANS AND PRICELIST AVAILABLE NOW, CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOUR UNIT TODAY.
As the first phase of Toronto's new revitalized waterfront, River City is Toronto's groundbreaker for the twenty first century.
A five building community of over 900 loft-style condominiums and family-friendly townhouses, together with street-level restaurants, cafes, and boutiques, it is about a new way of living, and a new style of living, unlike any other in Toronto.
The first phase of River City, is being launched in early 2010 and will be ready for occupancy starting in 2012. River City will be a collection of 5 buildings built over the next seven to ten years.
Conceived by Montreal-based Saucier+Perrotte Architects, working together with Toronto-based ZAS Architects, River City will look like nothing else in Toronto.
Neither typically modern nor in any way historical, Saucier+Perrotte's design at River City will combine bold forms with inflected planes, dark panels with transparent glass, and raw materials with soft landscaping, all in ways that reflect our unique surroundings.
River City, the first private sector development in Waterfront Toronto’s West Don Lands community, is now accepting registrations for its first phase. A LEED Gold development, River City will include 850 residential units of condominiums, lofts and townhouses priced from $179,900, as well as boutiques, stores and restaurants, surrounded by the seven hectares (17-acres) Don River Park.
Developed by Urban Capital and designed by Saucier + Perrotte Architects, one of Canada’s most respected and award-winning design firms, River City will be a collection of bold forms and innovative spaces. The sales office for River City is expected to open this fall, while construction of the development is scheduled to begin in 2010 and first phase of occupancy is slated for 2011.
The West Don Lands will be a sustainable community where design excellence, sustainability and technology come together. Designed to be a lively and vibrant neighbourhood, it will offer a mix of housing for people at all stages of life and income levels. It will feature nine hectares (23-acres) of parks and public spaces, 6,000 new residential units of which 1,200 will be affordable housing, transit connections within five minutes of each home, and 750,000 square feet of employment, commercial and community space. The revitalization of West Don Lands will proceed over the next 10-12 years in three phases.
Amenities: will contain approximately 15,000 square foot landscaped courtyard of undulating landforms, with an illuminated outdoor heated pool on a floating deck, together with an outdoor dining area nestled in a grove of trembling aspens. A double storey lounge and party room, located in a "lightbox" cantilevered out of the south side of the River street building towards the Richmond-Adelaide ramps, will contain a kitchen and bar, lounge seating, wireless high speed internet access, a billiards table and a media area that can be booked for movies and sports events. There will also be fully equipped excercise rooms as well as guest suites.
- Unique Saucier+Perrotte designed dark panel and transparent glass buildings with sculpted facades and roof-lines
- Each building will have a S+P designed lobby
- Three storey lobby located in Phase 1 at the corner of River Street and the north "woonerf", with a signature S+P staircase giving access to both the courtyard and the parking levels; and
- Phase 2 lobby will have a wrap-around view of Don River Park
- High security features including Enterphones in all lobby vestibules; an electric fob-based access system at all entry points and to the amenity areas; and strategically located security cameras
- Executive concierge service+, located in each of the lobbies of Phases 2 and 4, and accessible by videophones from the lobbies of Phases 1 and 3
- Energy-efficient heating and cooling based on a District Energy System
- Full Tarion Warranty Protection (formerly Ontario New Home Warranty Program)
Suite Features and Finishes:
- High-design single and double storey lofts and penthouses with 9' high ceilings
- Double storey family-friendly "loft houses", located in Phase 1 on River Street with mud rooms and direct access to a designated parking space via a second private entrance
- Loft-style designs, with exposed concrete ceilings and columns*, and signature rolling doors
- Environmentally sustainable engineered hardwood floors, in a selection of species, in all living areas and bedrooms
- Oversized windows with a high degree of operability
- Balconies and terraces
- Custom designed suite entry doors with security viewers
- Brushed aluminum contemporary hardware
Toronto has been awarded the 2015
Pan Am Games. This is extremely exciting for all of those involved in
River City, as River City will be located immediately beside the new
18 acre Don River Park as well as the new Pan Am Athletes Village.
What this means is that what was supposed to be developed over a 15
year timeline will now be developed in 5 years...parks, bicycle paths,
roads, streetscape, transportation, restaurants, cafes, shopping and
more, and all within a very short distance to Yonge St. and Bay St. as
well as Lake Ontario.